QA Engineer @OKCoin
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Imagine a world where everyone is a trader. OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
OKCoin is a global exchange with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Korea. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
About the Team:
The product team at OKCoin is a multidisciplinary group that implements the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for our product lines. We strive to understand our customers’ pain points, prioritize product features that drive the greatest value for customers and the business, and work cross-functionally from ideation to development to post-release, to make the vision a reality. QA Engineering is an integral part of the product team that will assure the quality of our products before launching to customers.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer that is passionate about ensuring the highest quality products. You will work on small project teams and be involved in new features from the very beginning of the development cycle. Your responsibilities will include design, documentation, automation, test implementation, test execution and production support. Your assessments will provide valuable feedback to cross-functional stakeholders and shape our new features and drive excellence in the user experience.
This role will be a 6-month contract position with the potential to convert to full-time.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Plan, create, and execute tests for validating Web, iOS, and Android applications
- Perform exploratory testing and design test automation
- Develop test plan by collaborating with the cross-functional team and identify tests for automation
- Create UI tests, monitor failures and report bugs
- Provide continuous feedback into the development cycle
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to develop and report on KPIs
- Focus on quality, delivering consistent results against established guidelines
- Perform Regression Tests
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Provide technical support to internal customers
What We Look For In You (Required Qualifications):
- Knowledge of the crypto space and how to use cryptocurrencies
- Either certification from an accredited source of QA training or a degree in computer science AND 5+ years of experience in a senior QA role related to user interfaces and web and/or mobile applications OR equivalent industry experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in software compliance testing, or operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share technical knowledge and information with others
- Write/Execute test cases/suites for multi-platform application software
- Experience collaborating with engineers and product management and have taken an active role in the development process
- Experience with Wireshark, Fiddler, or Charles Proxy
Nice to Haves:
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Direct QA experience with finance mobile apps
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- Direct exchange QA experience (either equities or crypto). Can explain a long vs short position / market versus limit order types / maker and taker fees and when such fees are appropriate; advanced order types and/or conditional close orders.
- Good working knowledge of Python and programming/scripting languages
- BA/BS in computer science or any related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Actively tested for defect across multiple platforms
- Strong understanding of agile test tools and methodologies
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.