UX Researcher @OKCoin
OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto. OkCoin is a globally licensed exchange with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, and Singapore. We are a collective of engineers, product managers, and marketers with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
The Design team at OKCoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives that believes in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. User Research is a strategic, empathy-driven function within the Design team. We value user-centric, data-informed methodologies.
OKCoin is seeking a UX Researcher to join us in making crypto accessible to everyone. As a Researcher, you will help build user empathy and inform Product and Design initiatives through better understanding of needs, motivations, and evaluating the usability of our products. The research team is responsible for both foundational and evaluative research—helping end-to-end product development.
- Support the product development process with foundational, ethnographic, evaluative research initiatives.
- Partner with cross-functional peers within Product and Design to define test plans—being the voice for the user throughout the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to shape the overall vision and product strategy throughout the company.
- Evangelize research through influence, stakeholder engagement, and facilitating design thinking workshops.
- Work with data, both qualitative or quantitative to help Designers and Product managers make informed design decisions.
- Play a lead role in helping designers quickly evaluate designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Design, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting both moderated and unmoderated studies, usability testing, contextual inquiries, and surveys.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a UX role with at least 2 years in a research specific function.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, and UX Writers.
- Strong understanding of experimentation and moderated research techniques using qualitative or quantitative data to inform and measure the impact of the work.
- Comfortable facilitating design thinking workshops or design sprints with peers, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products.
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones.
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize user research.
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time.
- Fluent in Chinese.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.