Head of Compliance - Europe @Bitstamp
Bitstamp, the world’s longest-standing digital asset exchange is looking for a Luxembourg based Senior Compliance professional with experience in the financial services industry for the position:
Head of Compliance - Europe
Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of the prudential and AML/CFT requirements in both Luxembourg and across the EU more generally, and a good understanding of how they apply to payment services, e-money, and virtual asset service providers (VASPs). Candidates should have experience working with both Board members and different teams and be prepared to dive into the development and advancement of compliance procedures, processes, and controls.
This role requires maturity and demonstrable leadership capability to bring the Compliance team and front-line staff along in the journey of working to detect and prevent financial crime and ensure compliance with prudential regulatory requirements. Strong leadership ability is essential in a constantly changing environment with the ability to manage, prioritize and delegate responsibility effectively.
Bitstamp is looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate with the ability to work collaboratively across the organization. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are currently the largest digital asset exchange in Europe and plan to grow our presence in both Europe and globally.
- Formulate solutions to resolve compliance-related challenges that are suitable to the nature of the business and its overall risk appetite,
- Ensure that methodologies adopted both for the business risk assessment and customer risk assessments are up to date, relevant and aligned to the overall risk appetite of the business,
- Undertake regular reporting on both a periodic and ad-hoc basis to senior management and the Board, on the fulfillment of these responsibilities, the effectiveness of the overall compliance program and progress of any compliance-related projects that are being undertaken,
- Pro-actively maintain knowledge and awareness about regional compliance requirements and changes to them over time,
- Serve as a liaison and point of contact for regulators, law enforcement agencies and banking partners in Europe,
- Lead teams responsible for the respective compliance areas and participate actively in their recruitment, training, onboarding, and progress with the organization,
- Actively engage with Bitstamp’s governing bodies, officers, and staff, sharing best practice and clarifying potential compliance concerns,
- Oversee and be accountable for implementation of the 2nd line compliance assurance program,
- Oversee delivery of an appropriate and effective compliance training across the three lines of defense,
- Receive and handle reports from internal and external sources, including suspicion activity reports and enforcement production requests.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working understanding of the cryptocurrency industry,
- Strong people management skills
- Demonstrable experience and an operational knowledge of the relevant AML/CFT and prudential regulations, circulars, and secondary guidance,
- 7-10 years of experience in financial services compliance roles,
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the business,
- Must be able to constructively task prioritize, self-manage and contribute to the effective coordination of compliance activities and to follow up and follow through with deliverables,
- Working knowledge of KYC RegTech, fiat and crypto-related transaction monitoring technology and overall FinTech compliance working environments,
- Undergraduate Degree in Law, Finance, or recognized compliance qualification (e.g. International Compliance Association Diploma or ACAMS CAMS certification),
- Demonstrable integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills,
- Fluent in English; working knowledge of French an asset.
Perks of the Job:
- Shape one of the leading brands in crypto,
- Work with a dynamic international team,
- Highly competitive salary and benefits,
- Training and development opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.