Fraud Investigation Officer @Bitstamp
Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange is looking for an experienced:
Fraud Investigation Officer
This is an opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, with opportunity to gain exclusive knowledge and experience. We also offer personal and professional development options, exciting team buildings, competitive compensation & benefits, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Controls Manager.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily execution and follow-up of the fraud monitoring and reporting activities
- Assessment of the risks of fraud in the company’s payment processes
- Recommendations in controlling the risks for different types of fraud and providing guidance to the operational teams
- Assistance in roll-out of fraud prevention training
- Registration of fraudulent activities that occur and building an incident database recording relevant details on past fraud cases
- Assistance in preparation of reports for regulators (EBA/CSSF/BCL) and law enforcement agencies
- Reporting of findings to the management and recommendations of appropriate mitigating actions, as well as implementation timescales
- Suggesting improvements of the organization’s policies and creating an environment with fraud reduced to absolute minimum
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in financial institutions or other financial services (preferably settlement operations, depositary bank operations or middle office) or in audits and related consultancy
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and French
- International travel (<20%) may be required as part of the job
If you meet the above requirements and would like to join the Bitstamp story, send your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.