AML/KYC Officer @bitstamp
Bitstamp, the world’s longest-standing digital asset exchange is looking for a Luxembourg based Compliance professional with experience in the financial services industry for the position:
Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of the AML/CFT requirements in both Luxembourg and across the EU more generally, and a good understanding of how they apply to payment services, e-money, and virtual asset service providers (VASPs). Candidates should be prepared to dive into the development and advancement of compliance procedures, processes, and controls.
This role requires a broad experience and understanding of KYC and AML from private and investment banking in European jurisdictions and a willingness to adapt to modern working practices.
Bitstamp is looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate with the ability to work collaboratively across the organization. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are currently the largest digital asset exchange in Europe and plan to grow our presence in both Europe and globally.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the European Head of Compliance and Compliance Manager in the creation and implementation of the European compliance program,
- Formulate solutions to resolve compliance-related challenges that are suitable to the nature of the business and its overall risk appetite,
- Ensure that methodologies adopted both for the business risk assessment and customer risk assessments are adhered to, relevant and aligned to the overall risk appetite of the business,
- Pro-actively maintain knowledge and awareness about regional compliance requirements and changes to them over time,
- Review compliance related escalations from the operations team to determine whether these fall within the business risk appetite,
- Manage multiple work streams around the compliance program and provide valuable input into the buildout of the function
- Develop and maintain internal compliance procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working understanding of the cryptocurrency industry,
- Demonstrable experience and an operational knowledge of the relevant AML/CFT regulations, circulars, and secondary guidance,
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services KYC/AML compliance roles,
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the business,
- In depth understanding and experience of the PEP and sanctions escalations and sign off process with experience working with screening tools and knowledge of fuzzy matching.
- Experience and understanding of the process of Transaction Monitoring and the accompanying procedures,
- Working knowledge of KYC RegTech, fiat and crypto-related transaction monitoring technology and overall FinTech compliance working environments,
- Undergraduate Degree in Law, Finance, or recognized compliance qualification (e.g. International Compliance Association Diploma or ACAMS CAMS certification),
- Demonstrable integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills,
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French an asset.
Perks of the Job:
- Shape one of the leading brands in crypto,
- Work with a dynamic international team,
- Highly competitive salary and benefits,
- Training and development opportunities.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to join the Bitstamp story, send your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.