Head of Enterprise Risk @istoxexchange
Here at iSTOX, we believe in a world where capital flows freely and efficiently so that economic participation is seamless, frictionless and meaningful.
iSTOX is the world’s first fully regulated capital markets platform in any major financial centre to feature the issuance, custody and trading of digitised securities. We are fully regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and our key investors include Singapore Exchange and Heliconia (a fully owned subsidiary of Temasek). Combining the power of distributed ledger technology (DLT) and smart contracts with an innovative business model, iSTOX brings private capital markets into the 21st century. By allowing buyers and sellers to connect directly, iSTOX removes longstanding barriers that have prevented a far greater pool of investors from access to private market opportunity.
Named the Most Innovative Fintech by Global Brands, we are pushing the forefront of what capital markets of the future should look like, and you will be part of realising this in your own way. You will be part of a team that is committed to building a regulated, transparent and community-driven platform, to give everyone equal access to financial markets.
About the role
Responsible for developing and maintaining the enterprise risk management framework, the Head of Enterprise Risk will assess the risk management requirements, implement and maintain risk processes and systems to mitigate and monitor the risks. In this key role within the Legal, Risk & Compliance team, you will also be responsible for building and promoting a healthy risk culture and supporting management teams in understanding and owning risk matters in a meaningful and pragmatic manner.
- Own, maintain and implement the Enterprise Risk Management Framework which covers end-to-end risk identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting and assurance.
- Formulate and perform periodic reviews of risk appetite statements, risk policies and the relevant risk management tools.
- Oversee the periodic risk self-assessment exercise and risk reporting process, and ensure follow-through on risk mitigation plans.
- Partner business, technology, operations and other stakeholders to deliver actionable and measurable business outcomes while minimising risk exposures.
- Advise the management on risks arising from operational and business / product activities, including outsourcing arrangements and any other new initiatives that will impact the enterprise risk profile.
- Establish, maintain and/or implement risk strategies, policies, processes, guidelines, performance metrics and monitoring systems to detect and prevent potential abuse and vulnerabilities.
- Manage the end-to-end risk processes, ensuring a strong understanding and consistent implementation of risks framework across teams.
- Report to the Audit and Risk Committee on the current enterprise risk profile and emerging risk issues.
Skills & Experience
- 8 - 10 years of experience in risk in financial services – specific experience of Fintech would be an advantage.
- Strong general experience and expertise within risk management, and experience in digital-related risks (technology risk, ICS Risk, resilience).
- Knowledge of key regulatory and supervisory frameworks.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Project management / PMO.
- Creativity and appetite for continuous improvement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.