Blockchain Engineer (Rust/Substrate) @AcalaNetwork
The mission of Acala is to support and nurture the financial applications of the true decentralized web aka Web3 for a more open and fairer future. The drivers of this mission are delivering financial stability, liquidity and accessibility for all. Our core project is Acala network - a de facto financial shard and stablecoin in Polkadot’ multi-chain universe.
While Polkadot provides the scalable trust primitives, Acala has been building a DeFi shard with a suite of financial primitives including multi-collateralized stablecoin, trustless staking derivatives and unified decentralized exchange to power open finance innovations and “burn” away all needs for intermediaries.
As a close knit team of engineers working remotely from Auckland (New Zealand), Tirana (Albania), Shanghai (China), we are building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
- True decentralization
- More Truth Less Trust
- Empowering individuals with more autonomy
Our team came together because of a deep desire to build the foundations for a new, inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings and challenges of the current system and institutions across geographies. Our team includes some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate and Rust developers, full-stack dApp developers and economists.
The community we are building is therefore shaped by these values and the Acala mission. It is also fuelled by the wants and needs of the people building web3, which includes the basic needs of all humans:
- Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
- Guidance and Support
- Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
What We Have Achieved:
Acala was founded late 2019. We are an early Web3 Foundation grant recipient and is an ecosystem and education partner of W3F and Polkadot. We have delivered 3 successful live testnet candidates acquiring 14,000 new accounts and 140,000 transactions within 3 weeks. Acala’ll be amongst the first to launch on both Kusama and Polkadot in coming months. We have secured support from top notch backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera, DCG etc, and are preparing Acala parachain launch where we will lead the way for a new type of fair and ethical network bootstrapping and launch. It's a great opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up at an early stage 🚀
The Role: Blockchain Engineer (Rust/Substrate)
Remote | Engineering | Full-time
Role & Responsibilities
- Build Substrate-based blockchain projects
- Provide technical support and hands-on guidance on these projects to users, external teams and communities
- Evangelize our products and technologies to developer communities
- Familiar with blockchain & decentralized application concepts
- Familiar with common data structure and crypto algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Experience with participate open source projects
- Familiar with Substrate
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Senior-level C++ development experience
- Experience with Solidity smart contract development
- Experience with blockchain and building decentralized applications
Your application has been successfully submitted.