Data Protection Officer (DPO) @Ledger
Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, with offices in multiple countries across Europe, North America and Asia, Ledger has a team of 180+. Ledger develops products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for individuals and companies – including the Ledger hardware wallets line - already sold in 165 countries.
Ledger is looking for a Data Protection Officer (DPO), to join its legal team and reporting to the General Counsel.
Your main missions would be:
- Defining and implementing global GPDR compliance policy, including but not limited to data inventory, audit, retention policy;
- Validating and rolling out Data Protection agreements and addendum, collaboratively with other lawyers;
- Being the privileged contact point for the Regulatory Authority and to work with it; to act as a contact point for the Regulatory
- Authority on matters relating to the processing operation ;
- Review of vendors processing or handling data;
- Handling various law enforcement requests;
- Training & continued education of internal stakeholders;
- Ledger being a start-up, we also expect the DPO, as part of the legal team, to be flexible and jump in on other topics and help other team members on other areas of law as the need may arise from time to time, review contracts that may not be data related etc…
- You’d join a team of dynamic and talented lawyers, from different background (law firm & inhouse) and various industries (fashion, consumer electronics, finance, fintech…) and will deal with thrilling legal topics in a fast moving and evolving blockchain and crypto industry, where the story still needs to be written.
- Legal qualification
- 5-10 years experience dealing with data protection matters
- A dual experience inhouse/law firm or private sector/authority would be a plus.
- A tech industry background and knowledge of blockchain would be a plus
- Fluent in English and French
- The skillset needed to be successful in this role would be:
- Subject matter expertise
- Result focus
- And… a healthy sense of humor
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment,
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences,
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons,
- High performance office equipment,
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage,
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr),
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks,
- Employee discount on Ledger products.
Ledger guarantees equity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age
Your application has been successfully submitted.