Senior Software Engineer, KYT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Engineers working at Chainalysis work on systems that are the highest fidelity of risk data within a crypto business. Our job is to bring transparency to the cryptocurrency ecosystem and build trust on blockchains. To do that, we build systems that detect fraud in real-time.
The Data Networks team helps grow crypto by building trusted networks of transactions and people. A Senior Software Engineer on the this team thrives on not just designing and implementing complex systems but also operating them. They are a mentor who grows the skills of their teammates and rejoices in the ripple effects across the company. We measure our success by how well we enable our customers to fight crime and meet compliance regulations.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have successfully developed cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that handle gigabytes of data per day.
- You've built a scalable API service on AWS that handles thousands of requests per second.
- Our product suite has cutting-edge features that detect market manipulation, fraud, anomalous activity, and more.
- The team has clear production service level objectives (SLOs) and solutions to meet and monitor them.
- We’ve modernized our stack and moved to a streaming architecture.
- The other members of the team eagerly seek out your opinion on problems they are trying to solve.
A background like this helps:
- Previously designed and implemented cloud-native micro services based distributed systems.
- Experience building data pipelines and implementing event-driven architectures.
- Built and managed production applications using JVM stack and Postgres
- Experience in scaling/sharding of databases
- Built solutions for real world customer problems.
- Have a strong bias to ship.
- Although you enjoy making technical decisions, you take great joy in helping others make great decisions on their own.
- You have been both a successful mentor and mentee.
- JVM expertise. We mostly use Java but also appreciate other languages.
- Have experience with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- You appreciate the importance of team culture and have been an active contributor to a culture that thrives on giving first and the respect and diversity of opinions
- Although not necessary, experience with Bitcoin or other digital currencies is a plus!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience, and more. We can’t wait to meet you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.