Senior DevOps Engineer, Data Team (New York or Washington)
Washington D.C., DC, USA
The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. Relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we’re building technology that enables widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies.
The DevOps Engineer embedded on our Data Engineering team is the mastermind behind all the processes and tools that enable us to ship better, faster, and more reliably. They champion infrastructure best-practices and influence team goals and product roadmaps, all while optimizing our infrastructure and development workflows. We measure success by how well you’ve enabled the team to safely operate with little to no intervention.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you've…
- Reduced the friction in an engineer’s day to day workflow
- Hardened existing production systems (maintained uptime targets, graceful degradation, self-healing and automated recovery)
- Worked closely with Information Security to improve the systems used to test releases for security issues
- Established objective measures of done and documented assumptions
- Ensured systems have sufficient logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Contributed to our Data Engineering cloud architecture
A background like this helps:
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Golang, Python, or shell scripting
- Prior success implementing infrastructure as code including pipelines as code (Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Jenkins), and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience monitoring production systems (DataDog, Prometheus)
- Experience with cloud architecture (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with streaming pipelines (Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with tuning RDBMSs (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Currently living in (or open to relocating to) New York State or Washington DC
- Bitcoin and/or other UTXO based Protocols (Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, ZCash, Dash)
- Ethereum and/or other Account based Protocols (EOS, Stellar, Cardano, Tron)
- Blockchain P2P Node and Networking Fundamentals
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience, and more. We can’t wait to meet you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.