Director of Counterparty Risk Management @BitGo
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
The Director of Counterparty Risk Management will work for BitGo in New York and is responsible for measuring and monitoring risk across the securities lending and prime brokerage businesses. The role will include key risk oversight of lending operations, account and position review, and strategic planning. The risk manager will work closely with account managers and client service, on-boarding, operations, technology, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Providing risk oversight for business activities and risk.
- Ensuring that the risk framework and procedures are defined, implemented and followed, and that issues are quickly identified and resolved or escalated.
- Significant involvement with strategic and development work as it relates to enhancing stress testing, risk analytics and intra-day risk management tools.
- Risk assessment and approval as required for new or material changes to margin financing and collateral arrangements.
- Running stress testing and VaR analysis of client portfolios and providing oversight of limit utilizations where relevant.
- Identifying, evaluating, and analyzing risk across the business platform, including counterparty, country, asset, exchange, currency, concentration, and other risk components.
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across business functions.
- Understanding changes to market structure, regulation and best practices.
Skills & Experience:
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- Able to apply risk and control disciplines in an effective manner.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-moving, dynamic start-up environment.
- Collaborate comfortably with remotely located colleagues and counterparties.
- Technical understanding of the quantitative and qualitative risks impacting lending and financing is highly desirable.
- Crypto asset product knowledge including risk modeling is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious and able to execute sound judgement to appropriately characterize and represent risk issues.
- Structured yet flexible approach, balanced and fair, able to make difficult decisions where necessary.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.