Director Business Applications @BitGo
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Position Description: Director Business Applications
We are looking for a dynamic individual that can help us scale our business applications systems and processes, shaping technology and business strategy. Director of Business Applications is responsible for the architecture, design and operations of key business applications, both cloud and on premise. This person will partner with all functions of the business to enhance, improve, and maintain our business systems.
The role will oversee a group of configuration and development resources improving Salesforce.com, NetSuite, marketing tools, and internal applications. This person and team will assess business requirements, create an application and integration roadmap, and manage the portfolio of projects.
As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that is both able to lead the company’s development efforts and contribute individually and grow along with us. A Successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a business application roadmap
- Drive cross functional prioritization of business initiatives
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships with Sales, Revenue Operations & Marketing business stakeholders to understand their priorities, pain point, document various Sales & LTQ (Lead-To-Quote) workflows
- Think holistically and work cross-functionally to design and improve processes and tools, work with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that program inputs and requirements are translated to achieve the desired results
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on complex and/or critical business issues and processes with particular emphasis on CRM systems and Sales processes
- Understand & Document business needs, distinguish between needs and wants, identify gaps between business needs and standard application functionality, design and document solutions that fill the gaps, and provide detailed business or functional requirements for developers.
- Lead meetings with cross-functional stakeholders; communicate and provide visibility into solution options and drive teams to consensus
- Design and administer UAT sessions, troubleshoot through testing and observation; report results to team and cross-functional teams
- Assist and coordinate with the development team on the development of feature, test cases and regression tests
- Serve as business liaison to external vendors, surface issues with 3rd party applications and coordinate resolution with vendors.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and practices
- Develop internal policies and procedures surrounding business system and the respective data
- Serve as a program/project manager, as needed, on various cross functional business initiatives
- Manage the business applications team consisting of business systems analysts, integration analysts/developers, and cloud administrators
- Develops and implements formal change management processes for business applications
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and management of expenses in support of agreed upon operational objectives
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work closely with the Executive leadership team on daily operations and major business transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred
- Must have prior work experience as a business applications architect
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and other sales technology tools in the market is a must; CPQ is a plus
- High level of proficiency in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce.com administrative tasks such as creating user profiles, roles, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, process-builder and workflow rules, validation rules, reports, dashboards
- Technically savvy yet able to speak to business functions. Ability to understand complex business problems and interpret business and technical requirements
- Able to work independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts with close attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills across teams and levels with an emphasis on customer first attitude
- Team player and comfortable working with a globally distributed team with a positive and engaged personality. Ability to work well with a high level of autonomy and trust
- Experience in leading QA and User Acceptance Testing efforts within the project lifecycle
- Working understanding of Jira or any other ALM tools
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.