Lead Payments Engineer @dapperlabs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What does success look like for you? For folks here, it means thriving in a high-autonomy environment and tackling complex problems in a technical space that is constantly changing and evolving. Engineers on our teams are focused on writing great code, but more-so collaborating with Product, Design, and other team members to define what games mean on the blockchain, and creating this new opportunity for our users.
And we need a strong technical specialist with deep payments experience to help us enable millions of new users in a mainstream audience onboard to the blockchain and trust that their assets and transactions are secure. You'll help shift the technological landscape within the company through experimentation and auditing of emerging tech stacks, while shaping the way a new technology is introduced to, and adopted by, new audiences throughout the world.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties and the Flow blockchain as well as upcoming titles like NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
What you’ll accomplish with us:
- Oversee and advise all product lines related to payments, ranging from KYC, verification and onboarding, to fraud, billing, and reporting
- Design, build, and scale systems that securely facilitate movement of money through the credit, crypto, and ACH networks
- Lead the team in building critical systems that process millions of dollars in payments and require around-the-clock availability
Does this describe you?
- Familiar with compliance regimes like PCI, SOX, and GDPR
- Worked in e-commerce, have good understanding of end-to-end payment flows, and have payment processing experience including different payments and ledger systems
- Committed to personal and professional growth and willing to both learn from and teach a high performance team
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems
- You are capable of applying your skills across a variety of use cases; inflexible specialists need not apply
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Developing DApps or interacting with blockchains
- Understanding of the deployment process and comfort with Docker, containers, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with event-driven architecture, Kafka, and comfort with having eventual consistency across multiple services
- Strong understanding of application and API security
- Experience in DeFi
- Experience with tax collection, reporting, and remittance
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
Your application has been successfully submitted.