VP, Electronic Banking Channels and Payments Manager
San Diego, CA, USA
Silvergate has served entrepreneurs in unique and niche industries for over 20 years. We leverage our technology platform and expertise to develop solutions for fintech and digital currency companies and investors around the world. Recognizing digital currency’s potential during the sector’s infancy, we have embraced pioneers and built flourishing relationships with those who were underserved by traditional banks. Silvergate is a California chartered, Federal Reserve member bank, the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry, and a lender to growth-oriented businesses, entrepreneurs, and investors. Embracing change and recognizing opportunity are part of the Silvergate DNA.
By assisting the SVP/Operations Administrator, the Electronic Banking Channels and Payment Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, enhancement and support of the Bank’s online and mobile electronic banking products, services, and delivery channels from conceptual stages through research, development, training, performance tracking, and the entire product life cycle in support of the Bank’s strategic goals and objectives and is responsible for the administration of the Bank’s wire transfer systems, and related products and services, which enables the creation and transmission of payment messages, account balance monitoring, and other related fiduciary and funds transfer functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists SVP/Operations Administrator in executing the Bank’s business plans and requirements, including the development of technical specifications for wire, online and mobile electronic products and services.
- Develops, implements, enhances, and supports the Bank’s wire, online and mobile electronic banking products, services, and delivery channels from conceptual stages through research, development, training, performance tracking, and the entire product life cycle in support of the Bank’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the administration of the Bank’s wire transfer systems, and related products and services, which enables the creation and transmission of payment messages, account balance monitoring, and other related fiduciary and funds transfer functions.
- Performs direct supervisory duties of department staff and coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas.
- Oversees the daily operations of all Wire Transfer Department functions; takes ownership and ensures timely response and resolution of customer and Bank personnel issues; ensures activities run smoothly and efficiently; and maintains knowledge of internal resources to mitigate disruption of service to customers.
- Develops and maintains appropriate escalation procedures and contingency plans; communicates recurring or serious issues to Senior Management; and recommends temporary work around and viable solutions to improve customer service and response.
- Evaluates existing online and mobile banking offerings and delivery channels for enhancements as a result of business goals, competitive pressures and revenue opportunities, and identifies opportunities for revenue enhancements, tracking profitability and managing changes to the digital channels.
- Periodically assesses the overall security risks associated with the Wire Transfer Department and the use of the Finastra FGPP system, or any other similar system, to determine specific present and foreseeable physical and logical security risks and access to hardware, software, and other critical information; and takes into consideration the specific needs and requirements of the Bank’s funds transfer operation.
- Studies and evaluates the impact of applicable regulatory changes, conducts risk assessments, and incorporates Bank initiatives and customer needs analysis on new and/or enhanced products and services.
- Leads or assists in projects, including developing project plans, presentations, development of training material, communications and other information related to product launch.
- Collaborates with groups and individuals within the Bank to gather and define business requirements; partners with technical teams to evaluate and influence solutions; champions and participates in user acceptance testing; and brings new enhancements and products to technical readiness.
- Oversees, reviews and finalizes all wire and funds transfer systems, profitability and performance reports provided to Senior Management.
- Provides mentorship to Cash Management and Wires Supervisors.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross trained staff.
- Tracks, plans and implements wire and funds transfer enhancements; responsible for analyzing wire and funds transfer system hardware or software updates and related patch management directives; and coordinates implementation efforts with Deposit Systems Department.
- Participates as a member of the Bank’s incident response team in the event of a technology emergency or breach in confidential information.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control and recommends and initiates corrective actions, and ensures compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Implements effective processes for information technology risk management related to the Bank’s wire, online and mobile electronic products and services, including those that relate to cybersecurity.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of financial industry status and trends, includingmaintaining awareness of new trends and developments of digital banking products and services in the market.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person.
- Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
The position of Electronic Banking Channels and Payments Manager is responsible for the supervision of Cash Management and Wire Department employee(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university; or 7-10 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of relevant business, systems, data analyst, and/or product management and/or operations experience is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of product development concepts and product lifecycle, agile development processes, and must be comfortable with understanding the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in wire or funds transfer activities, terminology and products and services.
- Ability to write, pronounce, understand, process and accurately balance large dollar figures in foreign and domestic currencies.
- Demonstrated ability to explain all online and mobile electronic banking products and services with confidence and authority, including an advanced skillset to accurately define detailed product and service requirements with technical detail.
- Proven track record of delivering products and services effectively with an assertive passion of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance laws, rules, regulations, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank’s online and mobile electronic banking products and services.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in operations activities and terminology.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Advanced skills in personal computer and mobile device operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
Your application has been successfully submitted.