Senior Portfolio Analyst
San Diego, CA, USA
Silvergate has served entrepreneurs in unique and niche industries for over 20 years. We leverage our technology platform and expertise to develop solutions for fintech and digital currency companies and investors around the world. Recognizing digital currency’s potential during the sector’s infancy, we have embraced pioneers and built flourishing relationships with those who were underserved by traditional banks. Silvergate is a California chartered, Federal Reserve member bank, the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry, and a lender to growth-oriented businesses, entrepreneurs, and investors. Embracing change and recognizing opportunity are part of the Silvergate DNA.
Senior Portfolio Analyst is primarily responsible for performing credit reviews of Bank’s credit portfolio, follow up on loan covenants and conditions, loan funds disbursements (construction, holdbacks, lines of credit). The Senior Portfolio Analyst may also be involved in credit reports preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare periodic credit reviews, loan extensions or modifications on the assigned loan portfolio. This task includes financial spreads of borrower’s and guarantor’s financial statements, tax returns, cash flow projections, credit analysis summary, and risk rating recommendation.
- Timely collection of financial statements and tax returns as set per credit approval
- Timely calculation and follow up with borrowers on financial covenants and loan conditions, as set per credit approval
- Control that all conditions are met prior to funds disbursements on construction loans, loans with holdbacks and lines of credit
- Prepare various periodic reports for Portfolio Management
- Assist Credit Department with credit reports preparation
- Assist Credit Department with various tasks when the need arises
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- May make recommendations to deviate from policy or loan documentation based upon well documented circumstances and sound judgment.
- May make recommendations to improve the internal processes.
- Interacts with: Internal and External Loan Servicing; Legal Counsel, Appraisers, SGB Personnel and Others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance-related subject or equivalent experience required and at least 5 years of experience
- Strong analytical capabilities (e.g., ability to analyze complex data sets, trends, etc.)
- Strong understanding of commercial lending industry
- Impeccable and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, detail-oriented and mathematically accurate
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep many parties updated and communication must be timely, consistent, and concise
- Ability to focus on immediate tasks and meet deadlines yet handle several issues simultaneously
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Excel (experience with writing complex macros would be helpful); Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook; Power Point; Microsoft Access (a plus)
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
Your application has been successfully submitted.