Head of Product - CF Benchmarks @krakenfx
London, UK Remote
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
EMEA, Chicago and NYC preferred time zones
Reporting to the CF Benchmarks CEO as well as through the group Product Management functions the individual will be responsible for the delivery of the CFB product pipeline. This will involve product and methodology design, production specification and input data sourcing. This role will allow the successful candidate to be a prime mover in the heart of a business that is an integral component of the wider cryptocurrency ecosystem. The successful candidate will have a huge influence on the way that cryptocurrency becomes integrated into the investment portfolios of institutions, corporations and individuals.
- Drive the firm’s products suite and Methodology design
- Input data sourcing
- Use case and application analysis
- Manage the firms product pipeline including prioritization and resource management
- Collaborate with the firms compliance functions to ensure that products meet regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with the firms technology development team to ensure accurate implementation
- Collaborate with the firms index administration functions to ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation for all products
- Manage the flow of information on project status and milestones to key stakeholders
- Minimum 8 years experience gained in a financial institution or financial data provider in product structuring or product development
- Experience of the cryptocurrency industry gained within a trading firm, exchange or data/ analytics provider
- Extensive knowledge of the uses of benchmarks and indices in financial products and markets
- Deep understanding of the cryptocurrency markets and the evolving cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Highly quantitative with strong statistical background
- Strong written and graphical communication including an ability to articulate mathematical concepts
- Strong understanding of financial and investment markets and innate understanding of the roles played by each of the actors involved
- Strong working knowledge of software languages for data collection and analysis - SQL, Python, Matlab, R
- Experience of working within a benchmarks or index provider a plus
- Knowledge of blockchain architectures a plus
- Personal Specification
- Driven and ambitious to build market defining products
- Strong communicator with the ability to address different audiences
- Takes the Initiative in exploring product ideas and provide leadership to ensure targets are met
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams effectively
- Ability to problem solve and lead teams through problems
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Your application has been successfully submitted.