Senior Legal Counsel - EMEA
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please note, all positions at Binance require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money for people around the world.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel focusing on EMEA and CIS region with strong experience on commercial law as well as regulatory.
- Support regional and business teams in the EU and CIS time zones on legal matters including general advice, contract review, assistance in negotiation across a spectrum of legal subjects including local commercial, corporate, labor, IP, etc.
- Proactively identify legal problems, solutions, and potential support needed to provide more strategic support to local teams.
- Tag-team with legal team members in other time zones around the world to collectively provide around the clock legal support for the group.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to your own substantive area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing of contracts and agreements and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk.
- Development and management of Binance EMEA and CIS’s legal and compliance programme and ongoing regulatory strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in law or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial legal experience in a global law firm, preferably in technology, fintech, or financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of UK, EU and CIS financial markets regulation.
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgment sense.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with relevant teams across multiple locations.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel.
- Good understanding in performing risk assessments, periodic/trigger reviews and enhanced due diligence
- Proficiency in compliance applications and programmes.
- Good knowledge of national and international AML/CFT legislation, including FATF Recommendations and virtual currency regulations, along with 5MLD.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Join the world's largest crypto exchange