This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you feel passionate about supporting high-performance, multinational teams? Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with new problems to solve every day? Do you want to be part of a young and growing technology organization with a strong vision?
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole. We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchain and cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot - a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. You will join a professional and diverse team in the space of crypto and decentralized technologies. This role is based in Zug, Switzerland, and you will work with team members located in Zug and around the world.
Web3 Foundation is searching for a legal counsel to drive and support on a wide range of challenging topics related to the decentralized technologies we are developing, as well as ensuring overall compliance within the regulatory framework for Swiss foundations.
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to Web3 Foundation leaders and council
- Navigate and understand the Swiss legal landscape of new and emerging technologies
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and apply existing Swiss, European and International laws and compliance standards to future technologies
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of documents including, grants contracts, professional services, internal policies, employment agreements and vendor agreements.
- Draft and work with processes to efficiently put in place framework contracts for provision of grants
- Review and support on commercial agreements (e.g. software development agreements and NDAs)
- Participate in and prepare minutes from all foundation council meetings
- Prepare and manage other regulatory required documents related to the ongoing operations of a swiss foundation
- Swiss Accredited lawyer (Masters in Law, Swiss Bar Accreditation or significant demonstrated experience with Swiss law)
- Minimum 4 years work experience as an in-house lawyer in a startup, corporate legal function and/or for startup clients within a Swiss law firm
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in the Web 3.0 movement, blockchain, decentralized technologies and related legal issues.
- Experience with contract negotiation and drafting.
- Knowledge of and experience in financial regulation and securities law
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, quickly learn and adapt to new subjects and legal topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable being self-directed, organised in your work and highly structured.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and communication skills in English and German
- Swiss Bar Accreditation
- Experience with US and/or UK law
- Practical experience of working with the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.
For more information about us, visit us on:
Your application has been successfully submitted.