Developer Relations Engineer (Paolo Alto or San Francisco)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
DFINITY is building a decentralized public computing infrastructure to host the next generation of software. It’s secure, performant, and capable of scaling to billions of users. But if it's not thrilling developers what’s the point? That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Developer Relations Engineer to engage our swiftly growing developer community, gather constructive feedback, and keep our roadmap full of valuable projects to ensure that building DFINITY apps is fun and easy. The Developer Relations Engineer is a trusted resource, responsible for educating and engaging the growing Internet Computer developer community. This role is part of the Developer Experience (DX) team, but works cross-functionally to help deliver developer-facing content and support developer programs. This role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a feedback loop with our developer community and partners, defining metrics and mechanisms for measuring DX, and promoting internal and external understanding of our DX products.
As a Developer Relations Engineer on the SDK Team, you’ll work to:
- Become an oracle of technical guidance for our developers on our community forum or face-to-face in the Developer Partner and Developer Grants programs.
- Keep the DX product roadmap focused by incorporating developer feedback and prioritizing feature requests from the community and developer partners.
- Constantly improve our developer-facing products by establishing and measuring key metrics and conducting user research.
- Support adjacent teams, like marketing and legal, in the creation of developer-facing content and collateral.
- Celebrate DX for the Internet Computer by communicating product releases, creating demos and tutorials, building sample apps, contributing to technical documentation, and by leading external trainings, meetups, and presentations.
Background and Skills:
If a lot of these sound like you, you might be a good fit for our team:
- You have a degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- You have 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- You’ve worked on multiple computing platforms (web, mobile, desktop, cloud, embedded) and understand their developer experience
- You can engage in active listening until you fully understand someone's problem
- You could explain a complex concept (e.g. encryption, sharding, the electoral college) to a 5-year old
- You’ve identified the “lightbulb moment” when introducing a new concept and restructured existing communication to support it
- You know how to solicit and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders
- You do the right thing even when it’s hard and treat challenges as a chance to learn
- You share your honest opinions so the team can improve
- You’ve invested in improving your own workflow and are a multiplier for your team
- You can effectively collaborate with co-workers across multiple sites and time zones
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Internet Computer