San Francisco, CA, USA
The Libra security team is seeking a security engineer with strong experience developing secure product infrastructure and security tooling. You will work with a dedicated security team focused on securing the Libra Payment Network (LPN), design and build security infrastructure and tooling to the highest standard. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a varied codebase and implementing best security practices and coding standards.
- Collaborate closely with Libra Networks Security, Privacy, and Compliance teams to define, architect, and build secure infrastructure and tooling to support the LPN.
- Take part in the design and implementation of end-to-end cyber-security and information security internal controls across the full LPN ecosystem (including cloud, partners and internal users)
- Evaluating and maturing the Libra payment system safety and security frameworks on the basis of a ‘security first’ approach
- Working closely with a team of Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) that respond to incidents and work to resolve them, which will include classifying risks, detecting when bad things happen and applying measures to mitigate and remediate bad situations
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives to address current and future threat and attack vectors. Contribute to security engineering planning and deployment of prevention, detection and remediation controls in the LPN
- Ensuring alignment with Compliance, AML, Fraud and CTF strategies.
- Developing and overseeing a capability framework building on the NIST framework, that will enable a clear portrayal of the Libra payment system cyber security maturity.
- Deploying continuous security/pen testing tools and capabilities and alert management
- Work on sensitive security and fintech-related issues, and exploring cutting edge authentication, authorization, and cryptography protocols.
- Desire to build something that will positively impact billions of people
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science with 2+ years in software development experience
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy best practices in delivering world-class software and services
- Experience in security focused design, development, and/or architecture
- Experience with one or more core security concepts: Hosted (Cloud/container) security experience, Application security concepts, operating systems security concepts, authentication/authorization/and identity systems, or secure coding practices
- Experience with an interpreted (Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, etc.) or compiled (Rust, C++, Swift, Kotlin, etc.) programming languages
- Experience partnering with multiple engineering teams to define reusable infrastructure
- Excellent practical knowledge of cyber security, security forums, and security products
- Hands-on and pragmatic understanding of computer security and cryptography
- Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies knowledge is an advantage
To apply, please visit https://libra.org/en-US/careers/. The Libra Association is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.