Chief Security Officer
As a Libra Networks Chief of Security, you’ll lead security engineering working to secure the Libra payment system against threats. You will use your extensive experience in product security, information security and cyber security to guide the Libra Networks security policies with a threat-informed approach. You will drive a security strategy across all systems and services: the Libra blockchain, Libra treasury operations, Libra Networks company IT, and eco-system integrations.
The Libra Networks Chief Security Officer is responsible for the following, subject to CEO & Board approval:
- Evaluating and maturing the Libra payment system safety and security frameworks on the basis of a ‘security first’ approach
- Acting as the public face of Libra Networks regarding security matters
- Overseeing the design and implementation of end-to-end cyber-security and information security internal controls across the full ecosystem (including cloud, partners and internal users)
- Overseeing the deployment of prevention, detection and remediation controls in the LPN
- Working closely with a team of Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) that respond to incidents and work to resolve them, which will include classifying risks, detecting when bad things happen and applying measures to mitigate and remediate bad situations
- Coordinating with partners in the Libra eco-system regarding security requirements and solutions
- Working with the Libra Association TSC and Maintainers to align the Libra payment system with security guidelines and requirements, and with the security strategy of Libra Networks
- Advising Libra Networks executives on security matters related to Libra
- Deploying continuous security/pen testing tools and capabilities and alert management
- Establishing a robust threat intelligence capability with strong links to both government and private players
- Developing a rolling security enhancement roadmap to address future threat and attack vectors
- Ensuring alignment with Compliance, AML, Fraud and CTF strategies.
- Developing and overseeing a capability framework building on the NIST framework, that will enable a clear portrayal of the Libra payment system cyber security maturity.
- 10 years of cyber security / information security experience in deployed/production settings
- Excellent practical knowledge of cyber security, security forums, and security products
- Hands-on and pragmatic understanding of computer security and cryptography
- Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies knowledge is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in a matrixed-type organization
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in rapidly evolving and entrepreneurial environments
- Detail oriented with strong ability to analyze strategically at a high level
- Resourceful and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to link business and technology strategy effectively to cyber-security strategy
- Desire to build something that will positively impact billions of people
To apply, please visit https://libra.org/en-US/careers/. The Libra Association is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.