Lead Software Engineer
London, UK Remote
Glimpse Protocol is bringing technological innovation to consumer privacy. We create platforms that respect privacy and empower consumers in the ownership of their data.
Our current focus is privacy preserving digital ads - a needed fix for an industry built on questionable consumer data practices. To deliver this, we are building a cross functional team spanning software engineering, data science, data engineering, dev ops, blockchain, and programmatic advertising all wrapped within a performant distributed system.
Glimpse is backed by ConsenSys, Founders Factory, Guardian Media Group Ventures, Innovate UK, Nesta, and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Glimpse’s three founders have previously worked closely together delivering exciting projects in the military, intelligence and cyber warfare domains. Our shared background is a real strength but we believe that Glimpse will become stronger with diversity - we’d love to hear from any traditionally underrepresented community.
We’re growing fast - come and help us build!
Our Website: https://www.glimpseprotocol.io/
Hear directly from our CTO here: https://youtu.be/Ey0T2eBdJuw
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is always learning, has experience and expertise to share, can mentor other engineers, lead technically, and has the desire to help build a next generation data architecture and a better Internet.
You will provide technical leadership within modern engineering practices (think agile, domain driven design, functional programming, evergreen software, microservices, etc). This role requires a team player, with attention for detail, excellent problem-solving skills, an eagerness to learn, a willingness to contribute, and is an expert software engineer.
The role will span the entirety of our system and touch core services, integrations, and internal services. You will be asked to support system design and code.
A snapshot of our tech stack:
- Kotlin (microservices and Android)
- Arrow for functional programming in Kotlin
- The SMILE library and Tensorflow for data science in production
- Typescript / NodeJS / React / Redux / HTML / CSS / GraphQl
- Docker, Git, and Bash
- The Ethereum blockchain and Solidity; and
- Zero Knowledge Cryptography libraries (i.e., zkSNARK)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to communicate technically (verbally, written, and in diagrams)
- Salary: £70,000
- Flexible working hours, days, and location
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Exposure to a variety of modern technologies and practices
- Support from an exciting community of startups and experts at Founders Factory
Your application has been successfully submitted.