SYNQA - VP of Communications (Bangkok or Tokyo)
SYNQA, the parent company of Omise and OMG Network, is a holding company founded in 2015 with expertise in Asia. SYNQA specializes in online payment, blockchain technology for fintech, and digital transformation. SYNQA connects people, businesses and society in innovative ways that spread the wealth of financial opportunity and provide fair and open access to a growing economic ecosystem. SYNQA recently closed Series C with over $80M of funding from SCB 10X, SPARX Group, Toyota Financial Services, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, SMBC Venture Capital, Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Corporation and more. For more information on SYNQA, visit synqa.co or follow us on Twitter.
We are currently looking for a VP of Communications to be one of the leading forces in Communications and Public Relations.
You will be joining the General Affairs Team, that besides communications consists of People Operations and IT. You will report to the VP of General Affairs and work closely with the rest of the SYNQA team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead and develop the communications and PR strategy for SYNQA to elevate and reinforce the company’s visibility and brand.
- Lead in the development of SYNQA promotional materials and assets.
- Lead in building media relations and managing inquiries, coordinate interviews, public appearances, photoshoots, including identifying suitable events and opportunities to elevate the company’s visibility and influence.
- Lead internal communications, crisis communications, content management, and contribute to knowledge management concerning communications, as needed.
- Lead in the organization of events and workshops as necessary.
- Establish a good communications network and ensure a proper communication system in place.
Required skills and competencies:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in communication, marketing, journalism and/or public relations
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in (corporate) communications
- Ability to quickly grasp business concepts and translate them into processes and strategies.
- Communicates effectively and easily with executive management
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to determine appropriateness and promptly deliver messages to audiences
- Experienced with PR & dealing with media.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of the fintech industry
- Fluent in English with excellent writing skills
- Japanese language proficiency is a big bonus
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation for the role. Besides your track record, for us it is very important to find the right cultural fit. After your application and we feel you might be a strong competitor, we will ask you to do an assignment. In the next stages you will meet several members of the General Affairs team and the executive team so both parties can decide if there is chemistry to work together on elevating the team and the organization as a whole. The process will take around 4-6 weeks from start to finish.
Your application has been successfully submitted.