Senior Director, Central Bank Engagements
San Francisco, CA, USA
Ripple is looking for a leader to lead our strategy, partnerships and project work with central banks around the world with an initial focus on supporting their central bank digital currency (CBDC) initiatives on XRP Ledger. In this role, you will define and lead Ripple’s strategy with central banks, build relationships with and educate central bankers around the world.The crucial role will also be responsible for securing and managing partnerships with central banks to build and deploy projects. Key to success will be a close collaboration and coordination with other teams at Ripple - from Product to Engineering to Legal/Regulatory Relations to Marketing and Communications, etc. You will serve as Ripple’s industry thought leader on the intersection of digital assets and blockchain technology and central banks, including the future of CBDCs.
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable the XRP community of developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) - which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development and innovation that enables the IoV (e.g. the XRP Ledger, Interledger Protocol, PayID); we build tools and offer services, programs and support to enable developers to build on the XRPL; and we partner with financial services firms and institutions to co-develop solutions that use the XRPL and XRP.
- Develop a strategy for central bank engagements in partnership with Ripple product, engineering, regulatory relations and marketing with an initial focus on developing a CBDC strategy.
- Own partnerships with central banks on CBDC projects, proactively managing a target list and pipeline of banks and projects and driving the deal process from start to finish.
- Attain a strong working knowledge of the product to present demos in pitches and answer product questions.
- Manage CBDC projects against a timeline, proactively planning for resource requirements and ensuring a quality experience for our central bank partners.
- Serve as the conduit for feedback between central bank partners and our product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Coordinate and drive project execution across a cross-functional team, by building strong relationships internally, and through excellent communication and project management.
- Develop strong relationships with central bankers and their technology partners and educate this ecosystem of players in CBDCs.
- Stay abreast of the industry landscape and key developments related to central banks’ adoption of blockchain and digital asset technology.
- Act as spokesperson and thought leader on CBDCs - regularly speaking at conferences, with media, bylining blog posts, posting on social media, etc.
- Lead Ripple’s participation in prominent and influential industry groups on CBDCs.
- 10+ years in enterprise technology sales or account management; experience selling to large financial institutions or central banks, and global sales experience strongly preferred. Strong network of central bank executives and influencers a plus.
- Adept at learning and quickly developing a strong command of new, complex technology products and systems.
- Excels at managing the full partner lifecycle, from developing market strategy to managing a pipeline to closing deals and driving successful implementations.
- Knack for relationship building and influencing - externally, in any given market, and internally, with key stakeholders on a team. Understanding of how central bank systems and/or digital assets and distributed ledger technologies work is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and how to navigate them is also preferred but not required.
- Press-savvy - enjoys acting as a spokesperson at events and with the media, and developing narratives and messaging that resonate with the press.
- Diligent and extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Values the importance of being an inclusive leader.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Strong strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.