Frontend Developer - Bridges (m/f/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code while doing it.
The Bridge Team at Parity Technologies is working on solutions which enable trustless & decentralized connections between two independent blockchains. In particular we are focusing on connecting existing major blockchain networks (Ethereum, Bitcoin, Z-Cash, Kusama, etc) with Polkadot Ecosystem. We’re doing this by either building the bridges ourselves or collaborating with external teams.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team designing and implementing dashboards and interfaces that will help users interact with the bridge. This involves, but is not limited to, building applications around: token transfers, token swaps, interacting with Smart Contracts or Runtime Pallets of bridged chains and building libraries and tooling for external developers.
While blockchain interactions are not trivial from a UX perspective, bridges bring up a whole array of new challenges. The interaction happens on two blockchains at the same time and involves sending multiple asynchronous transactions. We expect the interface to make it seamless and safe for users to perform such interactions.
In the context of leading bridges-related frontend efforts (among other things):
- Design client-side code architecture
- Write clean, functional front-end code
- Test and fix bugs or other coding issues
- Create security and data protection settings
- Collaborate with other members of the team and open-source contributors
- Design the user interface and/or work closely with the UI/UX designers
- Proven experience as a front-end developer or similar role
- Basic CI/CD knowledge, using cloud-based tools (e.g. Gitlab, GH Actions, Travis, AWS)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Blockchain applications and (unwritten) standards
- Experience building and launching web apps from scratch
- Attention to detail and experience implementing beautiful user interactions
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Node.js (Full stack)
- Experience with Rust
- Open source software background
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building on top of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build a better web: build on Polkadot