Staff Data Scientist
At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Each member of the Data team plays an integral part of what we are building at Figure. We rely on advanced techniques in machine learning, cloud platforms and big data to drive decisions across the organization. If you are interested in working with an impressive team of Data pros who collaborate and challenge each other, and want to solve interesting problems to propel the company’s growth, apply now!
What You’ll Do
- Develop custom models and algorithms to apply to large datasets, as well as, processes for monitoring and analyzing their performance
- Mine and analyze data from different resources, and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, customer acquisition, underwriting and other business outcomes
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Understand and apply proper risk framework to your analysis and modeling.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business decisions
- Collaborate cross functionally to implement models and monitor outcomes
What We Look For
- 5+ years of work experience with extensive data sets that drive company business decisions
- Credit and Risk modeling experience in consumer finance nice to have
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on translating real-life problems into a concrete model development strategy. Blend academic rigor with a sense of pragmatism for rapidly prototyping and delivering solutions
- Experienced in using Python for analysis and modeling (TensorFlow is a big plus)
- Experience applying a wide range of statistical techniques to large data sets, and understanding their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience using web services (AWS, GCP), and distributed data/computing tools (Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, work from home benefits!
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Your application has been successfully submitted.