Frontend Engineer - Trading UI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
Our globally distributed engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. We have an evolving React based component library and design system to help us develop new UI/UX and improve our clients trading and funding experience. We value security, autonomy, drive, and communication. We're a team of passionate developers that genuinely love software development and experimentation. We are looking for developers with an eye for design, and thoughtful attention to detail, who are excited to improve the Kraken user experience.
We value agile principles, work via kanban with a focus on continually improving our ways of working. We prioritize deep work, rather than context switching or frequent meetings and distractions.
Technologies we use:
- Developing new user experiences using React
- Building reusable components and frontend libraries
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high quality UI
- Optimizing components for performance
- Polish UI to ensure it matches 1-to-1 with user tested designs and prototypes
- 6+ years of professional experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- Experience with popular React state management (such as Unstated, the context API, hooks, Redux)
- Knowledge of Typescript or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with modern frontend build pipelines and tools, we love Docker, Webpack and Sass
- A deep knowledge of modern CSS such as flex and grid
- A proven track record building projects related to user authentication and access control for major web applications
- Experience in crypto industry a plus
- Experience with PHP is useful
- Bringing applications to production and iterating. If you have an app, hackathon project, or some OSS code we would love to see it!
- Strong passion for crypto. Tell us about your experience with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or alts. What alt are you excited about?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.