Frontend Engineer - Futures UI
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world.
If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Frontend developer interested in working on our Angular v9+ and RxJS based Futures UI. You will be responsible for adding features to this application whilst ensuring the code written is scalable, reusable, maintainable and most importantly highly performant. You will be coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Angular v2+ or 4+ years React experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Meaningful experience working on either large complex enterprise level systems or proven ability to build a greenfield product from start to finish
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- Knowledge of both reactive, functional and object-oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of Angular and RxJS
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries
- An understanding of Angular best practices and a commitment to following them
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS and SCSS
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience with various methods of asynchronous code development most importantly streams and observables
- Experience working on a high frequency trading platform
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrency
- Knowledge of NgRx
- Knowledge of React + React Native
- Knowledge of Rust
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.