Core Backend - Developer Experience Engineer
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Developer Experience (DX) Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise and help empower developers to design new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work with developers to improve team efficiency by refining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and writing tools to automate internal processes.
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams to improve Developer Tooling, help with building Docker images, manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating quality testing, track key metrics, and generate reports
- React to build failures, work with Dev and QA teams to ensure our stable branches are always passing build
- Automate syncing between services to improve the backend developer and QA workflows
- Develop tools and bots to improve and automate internal processes
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- Passion for improving process and products
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team-based environment
- Ability to context-switch between various projects, codebases and concepts
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proficient in Git source version-control
- Thorough knowledge of Docker and at least one orchestration system
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- Well-versed in scripting languages, building and administration of Linux
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
Nice to haves
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with systems programming languages (Rust, C, C++, Go) and PHP
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with Nomad and Kubernetes
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Google, and/or Gitlab APIs
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.