Backend Engineer - Golang @krakenfx
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
This role is fully remote.
Help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken's professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform which people rely on all over the world. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new directions. There's rarely a boring day in crypto, and we're looking for people who want to be part of this exciting ecosystem!
- Maintain and develop a service-oriented backend
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in performance
- Design secure, stable, and robust architecture
- Improve monitoring of production services to catch warning signs and critical conditions
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to add support for complex user interfaces
- Collaborate with devops to deploy new services and databases
- Expertise writing backend web services in Golang
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
A strong candidate will also
- Be familiar with with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with protocol buffers
- Have experience with SQL and Redis
- Be proficient with HTTPS and Websockets
- Have experience using AWS
- Be passionate about fast, efficient software
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.