Backend / Quant Developer (Remote) @krakenfx
London, UK Remote
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
London based or remote GMT +/- 2
As part of Kraken Futures Backend team you will work closely with the Product team to implement cryptocurrency trading products for Futures, Options contracts, or traditional spot market engine features. From a financial-engineering perspective implementing innovative products with a robust risk-system. Being a backend developer you will also design and build services with critical latency requirements that can deal with fluctuating levels of load and solve challenges presented by running a sophisticated crypto derivatives trading platform.
- Programming and maintaining high-leverage derivatives codebase based on specification and design produced by the Product team. Instruments will consist of Index Futures, Perpetual Swaps, and Options
- Working closely with Product team to implement specifications for cutting-edge crypto derivatives instruments
- At least 2 years of experience as a developer in similar capacity or research experience
- Experience writing code in Rust
- An interest in mathematics of financial markets design and derivatives instruments including Futures and Options
- Ability to independently debug problems and quantitative models
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Good communicator
Nice to have
- Experience building trading or risk systems at a hedge fund, proprietary trading firm or investment bank.
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain enthusiast
- An understanding of market making, leverage, portfolio margining, collateral, derivatives
- Open source contributions
- Experience using docker
- Experience using Linux
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.