Software Engineer, Blockchain Automation and Performance Testing
Blacksburg, VA, USA
We are looking for engineers to work as part of an agile team to design, build, and maintain our automation platforms. In this role, you will develop automation systems used throughout the company to create systems in any state and run any desired simulations, all without human intervention. Additionally, you will continue development on our tools and systems involved in performance benchmarking of EOS.IO. We build our automation platforms with the same level of rigor as our customer-facing software. The group you work in applies iterative and introspective approaches to software development, with an eye on continuous improvement and an intense focus on priorities. Our group values diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Work on an agile team to design, build, and maintain automation platforms, performance testing tools, and related infrastructure.
- Work with infrastructure engineers and product-facing developers to implement automation platforms, infrastructure, and processes.
- Ensure a high level of build health through monitoring and continuous improvement
- Develop tooling to model and visualize performance.
- Communicate the state of system performance, particularly with regard to significant deltas and current bottlenecks.
- Support consumers of the automation platform and tools.
- Ensure high levels of uptime for critical systems.
- Advocate for high quality development patterns and testing tools throughout the organization.
- Help maintain build pipelines by assisting with deployment automation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, especially with a focus on automation.
- Experience using cloud products, especially AWS and Google.
- Experience with Linux and bash scripting.
- A technologically flexible approach to making software, with a focus on patterns over tools.
- Proficiency in at least one modern language (C++ exposure is particularly helpful).
- Understanding of general statistical analysis.
- A basic understanding of probability and the scientific method and how they might apply to developing high quality software.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficiency with build automation systems such as Jenkins.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on tasks.
- Embrace of agile and iterative processes.
- Proficiency in environment automation.
- Experience with data science libraries, such as Plotly.
- Proficiency with Kubernetes.
- Experience using cloud-based PaaS solutions.
Technologies we currently use:
- Boost test
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and are compliant with official guidelines. This position may begin working remotely. However, the ability to work on-site is expected as official guidelines evolve. Certain geographic limitations for remote work may apply.
Block.one is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, protected veterans, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Block.one is a global software company specializing in high performance blockchain software. Its flagship product EOSIO is a free, open-source protocol designed to bring speed, scalability, and ease of use to the secure and transparent fundamentals of distributed databases. Block.one invests in companies, projects, and developers around the world leveraging EOSIO technology through its EOS VC initiative.
Your application has been successfully submitted.