Head of Trading
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data, and identity. With over 5 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy, and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013, and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 400+ strong team.
For more information, please visit: www.crypto.com
About the role:
We are looking for a Head of Trading with a strong background in retail investments and preferable previous exposure to crypto transactions to join our Maltese team to lead the authorized business of crypto trading. You will be responsible for running the trading strategy and operations in Malta, dedicated to serve the EEA customers of Crypto.com The Head of Trading will take ownership for the trading and investment offering in the EEA, help build and further manage a cross-functional team to ensure top level of compliance and transparency of the product and will be responsible for KPIs delivery within the EEA market.
- Understand the use and execution of listed and OTC derivatives e.g. index and single stock futures and options, total return swaps (TRS) & variance/volatility instruments;
- Keep trading teams focused, committed and aware of all internal and external constraints;
- Actively contribute to the global equity investment process by raising the profile of the execution function in its assessment of liquidity and quantifying overall value add;
- Ensure the trading desk has the appropriate profile both internally and externally;
- Monitor market activity and advise on timing of execution with regard to short term dynamics and liquidity;
- Understand the changing liquidity landscape and microstructure of markets and ensure that our execution processes reflect this on an ongoing basis;
- Have strong awareness of operational market developments and ensuring solid broker/counterparty relationships across electronic, high touch and syndicate desks;
- Ensure all compliance and trading procedures are adhered to;
- Be aware and monitor key areas of execution and all associated risk;
- Pursue a fiduciary duty of best execution at all times and to all clients;
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related. IMC or equivalent as a minimum. CFA, CAIA or FRM programe preferred.
- Minimum of ten years within wealth management / investments / securities trading domains including extensive regulatory exposure and experience in crypto trading
- Excellent understanding of the MiFiD II Directive and local Maltese VFA law requirements.
- Understanding of fintech and blockchain products. Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills.
- Ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them. An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving.
- Understanding of the Company’s business, its technical, financial, and organizational structure.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills. Proven history in managing an international team.
- Strong communication skills, integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills, strong ability to follow up, follow through and meet deadlines.
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of combining e-money and fintech;
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you;
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team;
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand-new product from scratch alongside with a talented team;
If you meet the requirements above and feel ready to dive into our challenging dynamics, by joining the Foris Europe's team on a permanent contract basis, we are looking forward to receiving your CV in English by applying below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information on the next steps of our application process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best place to buy, sell, and pay with crypto