Software Engineer for Blockchain Platform
Jersey City, NJ, USA Remote
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design Peer-to-peer distributed systems and implement using multiple technology stacks.
- Collaborate with various line of business technology teams to design and build robust and performant blockchain-based solutions.
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- Gather requirements, provide analysis, assess alternatives and code libraries, and give well-thought recommendations.
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
- Design, implement, and monitor one or more line of business applications.
- Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure.
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed on the blockchain
- Design blockchain solutions, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of decentralized applications, with proven and verified cryptographic protocols
- Build out monitoring protocols and fail-over measures.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
- Strong command of computer science fundamentals
- Security-first development mindset
- 10+ years’ experience in Developer / Design in large and complex distributed computing environments
- Proven track record of delivering software development projects
- Experience with Linux and Ubuntu
- Understanding of security procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery management solutions
- Knowledge of traditional storage architecture as well as storage virtualization
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Financial industry experience
- Distributed computing experience such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with one or more front-development frameworks, such as React or Angular
- Thorough understanding of cryptographic protocols and blockchain implementations
- A working knowledge of Docker and of using the Vagrant environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
- Flexible / adaptable - able to work with diverse groups of people including all levels of business management
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
Your application has been successfully submitted.