Golang Protocol Engineer (GoQuorum)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net.
About ConsenSys Quorum:
ConsenSys Quorum is an open source protocol layer that enables enterprises to leverage Ethereum for their production blockchain applications. Businesses can rely on Quorum to provide the enterprise-grade networks they need to unlock value with blockchain. On top of Quorum, you can integrate product modules from ConsenSys, third-party vendors, or your own in-house development to build high-performance, customizable applications.
We're seeking a seasoned Software Engineer to lead a development team and be the main point of contact for a large institutional client for the protocol engineering team.
What you’ll get to work on:
Be part of the protocol engineering team developing GoQuorum a world-class open-source Enterprise Ethereum blockchain product.
- Contribute to the development of GoQuorum and related products such as Tessera
- Work in close relationships with a large institutional external client to build solutions that work for them
- Collaborate with other ConsenSys protocol teams working on Besu (Ethereum 1.X) and Teku (Ethereum 2.0)
- 5+ years experience in Software Development;
- Deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software preferably in GoLang;
- Very strong cross-cultural communication skills including communicating with internal engineers and stakeholders, as well as outside clients;
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability;
- Experience working with language and compiler design or crypto engineering;
- Experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed Systems
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Comfortable operating in an Agile environment;
- 2+ years in a client facing environment;
- Collaborative, communicative and confident in their abilities to work well with all team members at all seniority and skill levels. Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a servant leadership position.
Bonus Points for:
- Enterprise product development experience;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Ethereum blockchain experience;
- Java experience;
- Experience working with globally distributed teams;
- Remote-work experience.
Don't check all of the boxes?
Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class development team in our chaotic-but-fun, remote friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.