EMURGO is a global blockchain technology company providing solutions for developers, startups, enterprises, and governments. EMURGO develops enterprise-grade applications, builds developer tools, invests in startups, and provides blockchain education. EMURGO has offices and manages projects in Singapore, Japan, the USA, India, and Indonesia.
EMURGO is also one of the founding entities behind Cardano blockchain, a globally recognized top ten blockchain platform.
EMURGO works with and invests in organizations that show synergies with our mission to provide global blockchain solutions for developers, startups, enterprises, and governments. Some of our respected partners and clients include:
- Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world's leading trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry. EMURGO is an executive committee member alongside globally trusted brands in the tech, financial, and business sectors.
- Brandmark is a joint venture and blockchain solution aimed at leveraging EMURGO’s tailored blockchain solutions suite and Blackbird’s expansive network to provide real world, blockchain solutions for large scale, multinational organizations including Ahava Cosmetics, Angel Bakeries, and HydroShop.
- Ergo Blockchain is a proof-of-work blockchain protocol built to be a platform for applications with a main focus on providing simple solutions for financial contracts with its UTXO-based smart contracts. EMURGO is a partner of Ergo and work together in the joint exploration of stablecoin R&D and the provision of decentralized financial services applications, by leveraging each other’s respective expertise in Cardano’s technical structures & privacy with UTXO-based smart contracts.
EMURGO has extensive professional experience in the technical and commercial development of multiple trusted and recognized blockchain & cryptocurrency-related projects. Some of these include:
- Cardano is a globally recognized top ten decentralized blockchain platform driven by a research-first approach, and built by career academics and professionals. Cardano is differentiated from other blockchains for its scientific philosophy and peer-reviewed research to solve industry issues in scalability, interoperability, sustainability, proof-of-stake, and smart contract security. EMURGO is a founding entity of Cardano and supports the Cardano ecosystem through:
- Creation of technical proposals for systems upgrades
- Regular maintenance and updates of critical blockchain infrastructure such as full nodes and related solutions
- Hardware wallets integrations
- Provision of technical support to third party companies
- Onboarding of enterprises and organizations to increase ADA liquidity
- Blue Korintji Coffee is an environmentally-conscious Indonesian coffee brand that serves high-grade coffee beans sourced from the lush Kerinci region. EMURGO’s blockchain-based Traceability Solution is tailor-made and integrated into Blue Korintji Coffee’s supply chain to provide full coffee bean traceability and transparency from farm to cup via a simple mobile app.
- Blockchain Education Content: Via EMURGO’s regional India & Indonesia units, EMURGO provides professional blockchain education services in the South of India and Indonesia in collaboration with multiple local universities. Students from a variety of backgrounds (students, career professionals, and developers) learn basic & advanced blockchain concepts and are taught to develop blockchain solutions in Hyperledger Fabric, Cardano, and Ethereum (Quorum).
- Yoroi Wallet is an EMURGO-developed lightweight wallet that is simple, fast and secure, with over 100,000 users. Yoroi follows industry best practices for software including a comprehensive security audit. It is a daily wallet that allows users to send, receive, and store Cardano ADA in addition to other upcoming cryptocurrencies. Yoroi is available for iOS, Android, and Chrome/Firefox browsers.
- Seiza Blockchain Explorer is an EMURGO-developed Cardano ADA blockchain explorer designed and built to deliver real-time information about the Cardano blockchain network akin to an Internet search engine.
- Oracle Core is a product for the developer community to build and run their own oracle pools on top of the Ergo blockchain. The "Oracle Core" provides the blockchain developer community with all the necessary tools such as code, tooling, and smart contracts, to build and run oracles pools. In-depth research led by EMURGO's Robert Kornacki reimagined a new model - Oracle Pools - for UTXO-based dApps. Oracle pools generate accumulated oracle data with built-in theoretical incentives for oracles to provide more accurate datapoints - an improved attempt at upgrading current oracles - and are a step towards providing DeFi products on Cardano and Ergo.
We are looking for a developer with really strong CS skills to support the R&D department.
Some of the main responsibilities will be:
- Support development of new products: Crypto and non-crypto related projects. We do really low level projects like https://github.com/Emurgo/cddl-codegen and other more user facing like https://github.com/Emurgo/yoroi-frontend we support around 100,000 users.
- We also have do cool stuff in the Devops department using Nix and Terranix (inspired in Terraform).
- Potentially support our research https://github.com/Emurgo/Emurgo-Research
- Maintenance of current projects: Yoroi Wallet, Brandmark and three new ones.
- Learning! (really important and we are happy to teach).
- We are huge believer our open source. Most of our code is open-source https://github.com/Emurgo
- See more about our work through in our Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFQ0hHuPO1QDcyP6t9KZTQ
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Software development
- - React
- - NodeJS
- APIs REST design
- Experience with SQL and/ or non-SQL databases
- Basic Knowledge of Linux
- Moderate Level of Git
- Experience with a strongly typed programming language
- Good Level of English -- we speak more than 10 languages in our company! (Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Indonesian, English, Spanish, Slovak, French, Russian, Ukranian, Romanian and Chilean)
Your application has been successfully submitted.