Grant Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MakerDAO is a smart contract platform on the Ethereum blockchain that backs and dynamically stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin. Dai, the world’s first unbiased currency, is part of the growing universe of Decentralized Finance (DeFi). There are no central operating actors at MakerDAO-- both its code (or protocol) and governing community are decentralized. The Maker Foundation was formed to bootstrap the protocol, governance operations and community development. The Foundation includes over 80 people who are building the framework for MakerDAO to successfully thrive on its own.
Community Development incubates our most valuable and engaged community members and enables people to more easily participate as part of the MakerDAO community. Our community are the core stakeholders who drive the management and growth of Maker Protocol..
The Community Development extended team is a vibrant mix of Maker Foundation employees and MakerDAO community members from all over the world (our team is across nine different countries/cities) who have fun working to support one of the most important projects in the space. A good vibe, willingness to learn, openness to feedback, and the ability to self-manage yourself goes a long way.
What you’ll do
Maker Grants primarily focuses on self-directed, early teams where the funding will go a long way. At Maker Foundation, grants come in all shapes and sizes, so you’ll play an impactful role in growing the ecosystem. We’re serious about autonomy: we collaboratively agree on a set of goals and then entrust you to find the best path to achieve them.
In this critical role, you’ll be working closely with the Head of Community Development to grow our Maker Grants program:
We are relaunching our Grants program with a new application process and you will have the opportunity to manage the day to day of the program and play a supportive role in defining goals, tracking and measuring metrics, and carving the roadmap.
Dai is a digital currency that can be used by anyone, anywhere, anytime, so you will also have the opportunity to join our mission to grow this program globally, through milestones such as expanding the program to untapped countries and languages.
- Great communicator: With a global team, we often communicate through various formats (chat, video calls, forum posts). The ability to communicate your decision making rationale, evaluate/address feedback from stakeholders, and deliver sophisticated information in an accessible manner is crucial for the role.
- Enthusiastic about research and education: Comm-Dev often develops both internal and external facing resources to educate a variety of audiences, from new community members to our curious team.
- Inclusive and user focused: Our community are the core stakeholders who drive the management and growth of Maker Protocol. Develop open processes and feedback loops for any community member to engage.
- Drive and passion: To build and scale communities, both regionally and globally
The nice to haves
- Experience in DeFi and greater crypto space or open source communities.
- Basic understanding of blockchain, as well as industry and market trends
- Bilingual (bonus!)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A better, smarter currency