Senior Backend Services Engineer (Europe)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator that has cemented itself as the base layer of the decentralized finance ecosystem. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact - for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions - by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Backend Services Team is responsible for creating and maintaining critical services essential to the continued success of the Maker Protocol. It currently focuses on three main products:
- Oracles - A decentralized distributed infrastructure used for broadcasting the prices of assets used in the Maker Protocol. Currently the majority of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) sources their prices from Maker's Oracles.
- Vulcanize - A middleware caching layer on top of the Ethereum blockchain, giving a complete insight into data input, emitted, stored, and processed by smart contracts.
- Staxx - An end-to-end advanced developer and testing solution for deploying modular test environments. This is key in facilitating the integration of protocol updates and applications built on top of the Maker Protocol both internally and externally.
What you'll be doing
Based in our awesome offices in the hub of Warsaw, we are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer with extensive experience in Go to join our growing team. You'll be spearheading architectural design, implementation, testing, and deployment of innovative new products that are on the bleeding edge of blockchain technology. Building decentralized applications and tooling is a very challenging, yet highly rewarding experience, with a unique set of constraints requiring creative thinking skills. You will become a valued member of a cross functional team within the Maker family.
What you will need
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- A wealth of programming experience, with the ability to create efficient SQL queries
- Expert in GoLang, with a deep understanding of system design and engineering best practices
- Bonus to have an understanding on Ethereum, Solidity and GraphQL
- You’re passionate about Blockchain and continually keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- You’re a collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- You care about building high quality code, at scale
- You crave the opportunity to work alongside the best engineers in this space
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with shared code ownership and really wants to make a difference worldwide
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A better, smarter currency