Smart Contracts Engineer (US, Canada or Argentina)
The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact - for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions - by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Maker family is a diverse, passionate team comprising of around 80 people, across 20 locations across the globe who are creating the forefront of innovative FinTech solutions 3.0.
What you'll be doing
- Analysing, synthesising and documenting high level technical component architecture, working with different stakeholders to turn these into tech needs for the engineering team.
- Helping to define and guard the quality needs for the different products and services that Maker is delivering, creating security architecture for managing the security of Ethereum Dapps.
- Helping to create the technical roadmap, catching and reporting the progress of it.
What you'll need
- Hands on experience in a software architect/engineering role, ideally some within solidity/ethereum development
- A good understanding of blockchain fundamentals, smart contracts, consensus algorithms, Byzantine fault tolerance, etc.
- The ability to identify opportunities for collaboration with external technical partners, initiating and maintaining relationships with them.
- Remain updated with emerging trends in the Ethereum and blockchain technology space
- You’re curious about the blockchain and want to learn more about cryptocurrency
- You’re a collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- You’re a self starter with excellent analytical skills, with the ability to deep dive into details, yet seeing broader implications
- You’re proactive and results oriented, having the ability to prioritise and meet challenging details
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with the desire to improve finance worldwide
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.