Full Stack Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Maker Foundation is building and supporting the Maker Protocol and is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by an experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our mission is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact - for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions - by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Oasis Team
We are a team of 10 enthusiastic software engineers based in our awesome offices in the hub of Warsaw, plus also team members working remotely. We are responsible for building user interfaces such as Oasis.app to fully decentralized Maker and OasisDEX exchange protocols and supporting tools for DeFi. We are part of a bigger Maker Foundation family of around 90 people, across 20 locations creating the forefront of innovative fintech solutions for Web 3.0 and DeFi.
Other tools and technologies we use include Bash scripting & Dapp tools; Node.js, express, Next.js; Docker; CircleCI, CypressJS, Mocha, Jest.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with a few years of experience in coding. You will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining code across our web apps and libraries. You will become a valued member of a cross-functional team within the Maker family.
- You’re curious about Blockchain and willing to learn and keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency continually
- You’re a collaborator at heart that loves to share knowledge with others
- You care about building high-quality code, at scale
- You crave the opportunity to work alongside the best Ethereum Developers in this space
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with shared code ownership and want to make a difference worldwide
What you’ll need
- The ability to work hands on as a software engineer in an agile environment with the modern tech stack
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
The nice to haves
- Understanding of Blockchain or cryptocurrency
- Experience in using Ethereum tools and building DApps accessing Ethereum blockchain
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A better, smarter currency