New York, NY, USA
The Department: Trust & Safety
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our user’s funds and ensuring the integrity of Gemini’s digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Analyst
Gemini’s Trust & Safety team is looking for a fraud analyst to contribute to Gemini’s efforts to create the most trusted virtual currency exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud and account takeovers on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Conduct in-depth user activity investigations through analysis of disparate sources of data (server logs, customer support tickets, trade activity, blockchain analysis etc.) in response to internal and external escalations
- Respond to and resolve fraud and account security-related incidents in a timely manner
- Communicate with customers to effectively resolve their issues and gain an understanding of the fraud vectors
- Collaborate with third parties (banks, law enforcement, etc.) regarding fraud investigations
- Process Maintenance & Improvement
- Formulate, implement and document rules & policies that help the company effectively fight fraud
- Extrapolate lessons learned from fraud investigations & suggest new data sources that would help in fraud detection
- Scale fraud support while optimizing operational efficiency and quality
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreement and guidelines for timely resolution of issues
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Security on improving processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Project Management
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 1-3 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud, or advanced Customer Support team handling incident investigations OR other relevant investigations experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions
- Data exploration and analysis in spreadsheets (formulas, lookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and SQL is a huge plus
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!
Your application has been successfully submitted.