Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
Our mobile engineers are experts at turning vision into reality to further Gemini’s mission through the Gemini mobile app. We are looking for a talented software engineer who has a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design into code, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and product managers to build amazing apps.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, Chicago, or Portland, and will report to the Manager of Mobile Engineering.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android
- Build efficient and reusable UI components and architect reliable, performant, and maintainable solutions
- Lead teams that continuously build, ship, learn, and iterate.
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of engineers
- You have at least 4 years of experience building mobile applications
- You have used React Native to build cross-platform mobile applications
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design sensibility
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Experience working with Fastlane and/or build automation tooling
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement