Android Engineer (EMEA)
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
This is a fully remote role based in the EMEA region.
Who We Need
We're building the mobile apps our clients use to interact with BlockFi's products. We're looking for experienced Android developers to join our Mobile product team to help design and develop our native Android app! If you have experience developing Android apps with either Kotlin or Java (we use Kotlin) we'd love to talk to you!
About the Role
The Mobile product team at BlockFi is responsible for UX, Design, Development, Release, and Support of our native Android and iOS apps. On the Mobile product team, you will:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Developers on the design, usability, and development of the BlockFi Android app
- Develop, Test, and Release updates to the Android app together with a small team of Android developers
- Write performant, non-blocking code that provides a pleasant user experience for BlockFi clients
- Develop features that visualize or summarize information about Cryptocurrency for BlockFi clients using the Android app
- Provide mentorship and guidance to fellow teammates, and likewise receive mentorship and guidance from them
- Experience developing native Android applications with Java or Kotlin
- An understanding of asynchronous programming on the JVM and how that relates to Android performance
- An appreciation for Material Design and a desire to adhere to its design principles
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. Our engineers are creative, technical, smart, and genuinely like each other. They enjoy the work they do, and so should you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.