Desktop Engineer @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
At BlockFi, our Tech Ops team strives to provide a best-in-class, customer-centric approach to keeping our systems secure and operating efficiently.
We are a group of individuals who are smart, kind, motivated and customer-centric and we are looking for the next addition to this team that embodies those characteristics. In this role as Tech Ops Specialist, you will provide exceptional service to talent based out of Europe & Asia.
About the Role:
As a Desktop Engineer, you’ll be a part of a team that manages and maintains our cloud-based systems & services while providing end user support to our growing, global team. You will work closely with our security, infrastructure, & people operations teams on a daily basis.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, this role will initially be working remotely but will ultimately be located onsite at our NYC HQ when it is safe to return to the office.
- Provide end user support to our remote employee population while managing incoming requests via our ticketing system
- Provide front-line IT support to employees tickets, and chats
- Support cloud and SaaS applications, including G Suite for Enterprise, Office 365, and various internal systems
- Knowledge of best practices around data security and providing guidance to our users that encourages safe collaboration at BlockFi
- Troubleshooting technical issues across Mac OS & Windows Operating Systems, internal & external applications, and hardware
- Provide a white-glove support experience: assist your co-workers with application support, system troubleshooting and procurement requests.
- Be proactive in identifying and improving processes, procedures and documentation.
- Manage systems access for end users
- Work closely with People Operations for new-hire onboarding, equipment set-up, permissions, etc.
- Provide top-tier onboarding experience for new employees.
- Primary liaison with the IT team to ensure that all offices have necessary IT inventory
- Set up regular hardware audits, where you manage physical inventories to track all equipment
- Track and define strategy for software asset & license management to ensure compliance and business requirements are met
- Manage IT e-waste program, working with System Analysts to ensure that all decommissioned assets are disposed of appropriately setting life-cycle process end dates on all assets
- Coordinate and review vendor sourcing strategies, conducting quarterly IT vendor reviews
- Maintain hardware inventory record keeping with 100% accuracy
- Experience providing industry leading technical support and customer service
- 2+ years of IT, Desktop Support or IT administration experience
- Customer service oriented - friendly and reassuring demeanor
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems with Apple products, including desktop and laptop hardware
- Must have experience troubleshooting common network issues in a corporate network environment
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups, Linux Environments, and AWS.
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10
- Basic understanding of endpoint management and MDM technologies across Mac, PC, iOS, and Android environments
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash is a plus
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas
- You are detail oriented, highly organized, and can easily manage multiple projects with various layers of complexity and urgency
- Strong organizational and independent thinking skills
- Passion for operational excellence
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.