Senior Software Engineer (New York, Portland, Chicago, San Francisco or Singapore)
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Engineer to help design, build and architect systems as part of Gemini’s broader product lines and services. The team is focused on innovating how we deliver software and will be working with every engineering team to improve our ability to deliver high quality solutions to our customers fast and efficiently. Even more so than in other engineering roles, this individual must be an outstanding communicator and bridge-builder across different parts of the engineering organization. You’ll put your experience to work with helping development teams design and implement their solution. This role can be based in our New York, Chicago, or Portland, Oregon offices.
- Working with product, design and other engineering teams to deliver simple solutions for application developers.
- Cultivating a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Recruiting and hiring world-class engineers to work on Gemini’s products.
- At least 6 years of previous software engineering experience
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills with a strong sense of ownership
- Experience managing a high-performing team of engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- Sound business judgment, with a proven ability to influence others and make excellent decisions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer focused empathy and understanding of the challenges that face developers when using an application development platform, and a vision for how great products can help.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work closely across teams and manage dependencies.
- Understanding of modern application development and architecture.
- Experience in fintech/crypto/blockchain technologies and products
- Experience with Scala or some other functional programming language
Below is snapshot of some of the specific teams hiring!
Join the team responsible for adding digital assets to the platform, working with different blockchain protocols, and developing custody and storage systems. Recent projects include work in the decentralized finance (deFi) space and partnering with Filecoin as a network launch partner
Help the Gemini tech organization move faster and safer through developer tooling and platform improvements!
Help build the bridge between fiat and crypto! You’ll be responsible for building our Financial Operation responsibilities like payment processing, banking integration, settlements and reconciliations.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.