Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (New York, Portland, Chicago, San Francisco or Singapore)
New York, NY, USA
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Quality Assurance
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence.
The Role: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
As a Quality Assurance engineer at Gemini, you'll work together with a team of engineers, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. You'll engage in functional and performance testing with an agile methodology in mind, and in proactive strategy and investigation to test the integrity of our products and product features. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, Portland, and Chicago, and will report to the Head of Quality Assurance.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of a financial exchange such as:
- Matching engine operations
- Customer accounts
- Compliance activities
- Financial management operations
- Blockchain operations for supported cryptocurrency products
- Various user interfaces
- APIs of various flavors
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers’ code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 10+ years experience with functional and performance testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems
- 5+ years experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, TestNG, RestAssured, RSpec, Mocha/Chai, etc.)
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in an enterprise-scale language (e.g., Java, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with Python
- Experience with automated mobile UI testing
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.