Country Manager - Ireland
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Role: Country Manager, Ireland
Gemini is looking to hire a Country Manager for Ireland. Joining a rapidly growing and high quality digital asset exchange that is established in the United States and regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services, this appointment will be central to significant business growth aspirations in the European region.
Key to these growing aspirations will be an effective building of regulatory relationships and license, providing oversight and advice for our office alongside the compliance function to the Leadership Team. Building proactive relationships with the CBI and other European jurisdictions over time and future-proofing Gemini to commercial and regulatory developments. This person will work closely with other functional and business stakeholders globally and liaise routinely with senior management to ensure our strategy and execution is aligned with our overall Company objectives. They will be the face of Gemini in the Irish market and as such be the ultimate point of contact in the region for clients, regulator(s) and other third parties where appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day for Ireland office and operate as keystone for establishment of operations and build up of Gemini’s presence in the area.
- Lead and drive a proactive relationship with the CBI and other regulators in the area
- Building the Ireland team including hiring, retaining, and developing individuals
- Provide strategy and execution of our customer acquisition strategy
- Elevate the brand and positioning of Gemini in the region
- Conduct business and financial planning
- Ensure best-in-class approach to all operational aspects of the business process
- Work with local board and management team to establish short-range and long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Review financial forecast and budgeting and financial reporting, as prepared by the Financial Operations and Accounting team
- Experience in leading teams as a across a range of business and functional domains, including but not limited to: technology, operations, legal, risk, compliance, commercial sales, and client services
- Operating within sophisticated and international financial services businesses
- Evidence of operating effectively in a matrix organization, working seamless across boundaries, borders and functions to ensure communication, decision-making, strategy and execution is in line with Company objectives, yet appropriately applied to international/ local markets
- Proven experience gained within a relevant, regulated financial services organization and a strong understanding of sophisticated products and services with relevant adjacencies to digital assets, including current/ developing knowledge of the emerging regulatory requirements
- The experience, gravitas, confidence and stature to make a strong impact at all levels both internally and with external audiences
- Ability to proactively analyze relevant business drivers and strategies with senior management and colleagues to put in place appropriate processes and controls
- Previous experience leading organizations with integral technology platforms such as Global Transaction Services, Global Markets, Custody, Clearing and Exchanges or broader e-Commerce, Payment Services etc. will be advantageous.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, retirement contributions, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement