Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer (New York, Chicago or San Fancisco)
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
THE DEPARTMENT: DATA
THE ROLE: SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST / MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER
We are growing the Data Science team and AI stack at Gemini. We are looking for senior data scientists and machine learning engineers who are interested in solving diverse and complex business problems.You will leverage your experience and communication skills to work across business teams to build and develop innovative machine learning models and algorithms.
- Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference. Experience in design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing systems
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Masters or PhD(preferred) in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 3+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in production
- 2+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, Java/C++/C# and SQL
- Sound knowledge in dealing with large data sets for analytical approach and quantitative methods
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, and familiar with standard algorithms and techniques
- Good understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data: structured and unstructured, observational and experimental, to drive system designs and product implementations
- Good understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure concepts
- Experience with one or more big data tools and technologies like Snowflake, Databricks, S3, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience working with NLP applications is a plus
- Experience in financial domain is a plus
- Strong technical and business communication
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement