Dev Ops Engineer @MakerDAO
London, UK Remote
The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact - for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions - by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Maker family is a diverse, passionate team comprising of around 80 people, across 20 locations across the globe who are creating the forefront of innovative FinTech solutions 3.0.
What you'll be doing
As a DevOps Engineer you'll help engineering teams to become highly efficient and autonomous by providing automated solutions wherever possible. This is a great opportunity to combine the usage of latest tools and technologies with cutting-edge approaches to build the best development platform in the industry. You’ll develop scalable infrastructure to enable rapid deployment and effective monitoring.
You’ll work closely with development teams to ensure that services are designed with scale, operability, performance, and ease-of-use in mind. Your day to day operations will include diagnosing and resolving performance and reliability issues across our entire stack.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge and experience of the technologies that enable the software to build automation and deployment
- Good understanding of concepts like CI/CD, configuration management, cloud platforms, version control, automation, monitoring, analytics, containerization, and microservices architecture
- High comfort in working with Linux environment and typical sysadmin tools
- Advanced scripting skills (bash, python) with the ability to use various compound data structures
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- You’re passionate about Blockchain and continually keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- You’re a collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- You care about building high quality code, at scale
- You crave the opportunity to work alongside the best engineers in this space
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with shared code ownership and really wants to make a difference worldwide
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you! Please click on the link to apply now.
Your application has been successfully submitted.