Director of Engineering - RippleX
RippleX is Ripple’s developer platform for payments. We design, build and participate in open networks democratizing the world of payments, helping money move as easily as data does today through technologies such as XRP Ledger and PayID.
We are looking for a results oriented, proven technical leader. In this role, you will work with engineering teams in addition to cross functional teams to drive results, balance priorities and ship products that make it seamless for developers to contribute and actualize the future of the Internet of Value (IOV).
Our team works with the largest developer audience possible. We are engineers + storytellers, representing Ripple to communities all around the world, inspiring the creation of the future where money flows like data today.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build, grow, and lead the engineering teams building open-source developer services + tools at Ripple, including XRPL and PayID.
- Run, improve, and expand our infrastructure that supports our technologies such as XRPL and PayID as well as other developer tools and services.
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies.
- Deliver consistently great results and be a role model for other engineers.
- Provide a key voice in business, technical and strategic discussions + decisions within Ripple Engineering and the RippleX leadership team.
WHAT YOU MAY LOOK LIKE:
- 12+ years of Engineering Leadership experience
- Have managed engineering teams of 15+
- Proven track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams.
- Proven track record of shipping internet scale products, tools, and services.
- Passionate about developer tools and technologies.
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.